Hiding your skin with clothing, covering your face with makeup, styling your hair to cover your face… there are only so many things you can do to cover your acne scars. Eventually you will want your hair out of your face, you’ll want to go swimming, wear a tank top, or whatever other choices you think will never be available to you. How long are you willing to go before enough is enough?
aren’t you SO over it?
If you’re ready to learn how to get rid of acne scars, then congratulations. You’re finally ready to do something to improve your life and move on from feeling ashamed of your appearance. After all, there’s nothing more confidence-shattering than feeling insecure about your skin. That’s because your skin is like a fine piece of cloth…any little ding can make a scar, and that has a large impact on how your skin looks. Almost anything can cause a scar:
You can avoid many of these scar-causing incidents but the last one, acne, is hard to control. Some of us are just simply unlucky: we are prone to acne and acne scars. We can try an minimize the conditions, but very often there’s just nothing that can be done. Even if you don’t pick your acne, you can still end up with scars.
“I didn’t pick my pimples and I STILL got acne scars…it’s so unfair!” -Gina T.
The good news is, you don’t have to suffer anymore because there are ways to get rid of your acne scars. Now keep in mind that scars won’t ever go away completely. That’s the plain truth: just ask any dermatologist. However, there are several ways in which you can greatly reduce your scars, even if you can’t totally get rid of them.
Introduction: Acne Scarring 101
Acne begins in the hair follicles, which are found by the thousands in your skin. There are parts of your body where there are even more hair follicles than others, however, and these are the parts that are acne-prone:
What happens to the hair follicles to produce acne? What happens is, they go into overdrive and begin to over-produce cells. Your skin can’t take so many cells at once so that hair follicle gets blocked. So far no acne…but when the natural oils, called sebum, need to exit and drain, they can’t. Now you have trapped sebum and it’s a very cozy home for bacteria. The bacteria grows and voila…
You get a whitehead.
Or, you can get a blackhead when the pore actually opens and the trapped sebum rises to the surface. However, it just sits there, slightly under the epidermis. Sebum is not dirt so it’s not just a matter of washing your face. It will eventually rise to the surface and go away, no harm done. These are both types of mild acne. In fact, whiteheads and blackheads won’t cause you to later have problems getting rid of acne scars. That’s because it’s another type of acne that causes scarring:
inflammatory acne is the type that causes acne scars
What Makes a Scar?
Inflammatory acne is when a whitehead or blackhead never makes it to the surface of your skin. Instead, it ruptures underneath and causes inflammation. The walls of the hair follicle actually collapse, and white blood cells run to the rescue to heal the damage. You get what’s called a papule. Later, when those white blood cells are finished with their job, they rise to the surface of the skin and form a pustule. This is known as a “zit” or pimple. What you’ve got here is moderate acne.
When these papules or pustules explode underneath your skin, you get the scarring type of acne. This is severe acne and it’s very difficult to avoid the type of acne scars that you’ll have to get rid of when you have severe acne.
What you have here are injuries to your skin. The body reacts to injury by producing scars, which are actually a part of the healing process. The downside of this healing process is that scars damage the collagen in the skin. Collagen is what keeps your skin smooth and supple, so the key to getting rid of acne scars is to repair or make more collagen.
There are Different Types of Acne Scars
- Atrophic. This is a shallow scar. It’s like a little pit in your skin, with smooth edges.
- Hypertrophic. These are the types of scars you find on your back and chest. They are raised, red scars.
- Ice Pick. This is a deep scar, with steep sides, as if an ice pick sunk in and formed a groove in your skin.
No scar therapy can completely get rid of acne scars. It’s just a fact of life. However, there are ways to greatly reduce the visible effect of scars, by smoothing edges and reducing redness. Scar treatments that focus on repairing your collagen are the types that show the most promise. These can almost erase your scars, prevent them and completely make a significant difference in your skin.
How to Prevent Acne Scars
All the experts agree…there are several DON’Ts when it comes to dealing with acne.
- Picking & Squeezing. As we learned above, the types of moderate and severe acne that cause scarring involve postules beneath the skin. What you don’t want is for these postules and papules to explode. Well guess what? Squeezing causes them to explode. So…hands off! Don’t squeeze. Don’t pick.
- Sun. Sometimes the big problem is darkened areas from severe acne, and the sun will only make that worse. It will not only look worse, but it will slow down the scar healing process. If you want to know how to get rid of acne scars, then the first step is definitely to let them heal properly.
Do You Have Acne Scars?
If you’re ready to learn how to get rid of acne scars, then here’s where you have some options. First, please know that not every scar treatment works all of the time on every person. We are all individuals, which means that each one of us has to find his or her own scar therapy. You may have to combine methods, alternate techniques, and keep searching until you find the exact combination that works just for your skin and your acne scars.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Now that you know what you’re getting into, here are your options…
- Laser Treatments. A laser runs over your skin and burns away the outer layer, where the scarring is located. The wound from the laser burning your skin heals, producing new collagen and the result is hopefully smoother skin.
- Dermabrasion. Same concept here: you are basically removing the top layer of your skin! A vibrating wire brush literally wipes your skin right off your body and the wound must heal. It’s when the wound heals that you get new collagen. Surface scars might be removed, and deeper scars may be less noticeable.
- Surgery. A doctor can punch out your acne scars, then take a skin graft to cover the hole. This is called “punch incision”.
- A Pulsing Light Source. Here, the idea is to get the skin to create a new layer of skin without damaging the outer layer, which is what you’re doing with laser treatments and dermabrasion. Several treatments are required, after which acne scars may or may not become less noticeable.
- Radiofrequency devices. These work the same way the pulsing light source treatment works. Try and get the skin to create a new layer without damaging the existing outer layer. This is a less proven technique on how to get rid of acne scars.
- Injecting Collagen. Instead of trying to get the skin to naturally develop more collagen, this method simply injects some collagen into the scar to plump it out. This scar treatment doesn’t last forever, so you’ll need to go back for more to keep this one fresh.
- Fractional Laser Therapy. This also must be done by a doctor, and involves using lasers to trick your skin into producing more collagen.
- Chemical Peels. These can also be performed in a doctor’s office, and produce mild results. A spa can do it for you, with a weaker grade chemical. These last for 1-2 months and only show results after several applications. This is a temporary solution on how to get rid of acne scars.
- Help the skin repair itself. The right combination of clinically proven ingredients can fast-track your scar healing process. It can also help your skin to naturally push scarred tissue cells to the surface of your skin so it can be sloughed away.
Scar Healing Products: Natural is Best
If you’re ready to choose a scar healing product, doctors advise starting out with natural remedies first. After all, this is your skin we’re dealing with here. Before you get into severe ways of how to get rid of acne scars, try the methods that simply aid your skin’s natural healing process. And what is your skin doing? Two things:
- It’s producing collagen. (your new skin)
- It’s getting rid of scar tissue. (your old skin)
That’s it! This is the natural process, and if you let nature take its course but help it along just a little bit, you’ve got the best way to get rid of acne scars. A product that contains ingredients which promote the production of collagen and also help push scar cells to the surface of the skin so it can simply be sloughed away is the ideal scar therapy. Normally, the skin can take two years to completely “remodel” your skin after acne scarring occurs. With a product that contains the right ingredients, this process is sped up so your acne scars are not only reduced, they are prevented too.
Dermefface FX7: Natural Ingredients to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Dermefface FX7 contains 7 clinically proven active ingredients that do exactly that. It contains clinically proven ingredients that actually speed up your healing process and move your scarred cells away from under the skin where they could continue to grow or cause a scarred look. Then they’re at the surface, it’s just a matter of sloughing them away. With a simple exfoliation technique, your scarred cells are washed away forever. Then last but not least, Dermefface FX7 will increase your skin’s production of new, healthy skin cells beneath the surface, to replace those washed-away scarred cells.
All this with natural ingredients that are clinically proven.
Dermefface FX7 causes your scars to fade faster and the redness to diminish as well. Here’s what else it can do…
- The skin around your old scars will also stop aging so fast.
- Swelling will go down.
- Flakiness will go away.
- Itching will stop.
- Wound healing will speed up.
- Skin miniaturization will increase dramatically.
- Types I and III collagen will see increased production.
- Skin production is normalized.
- Scars fade.
- You look great!
Why Does Dermefface FX7 Work?
Dermefface FX7 was developed by real scientists in a laboratory setting with very strict quality control measures put into place. That ensures clinically proven ingredients and effective treatment with Dermefface FX7. The scientists who developed this formula really know how the skin works, of course.
They have to because it’s their field of study. Only by truly understanding the layers of the skin and how scars are formed, can researchers find a way to develop a way to treat acne scars, and learn how to get rid of acne scars. That’s exactly what the developers of Dermefface FX7 have done, and the 7 proven active ingredients really work.
Dermefface FX7 also has antioxidants and super moisturizers, all of which greatly aid the skin healing process. Just about any scar treatment that relies on the latest research and technology includes moisturizing elements. It’s just a given fact that moisture is essential in any skin healing and production processes.
Dermefface FX7 focuses on the skin remodeling phase so your scars fade quickly and any scars currently forming are halted right in their tracks. If you want to reduce a scar or prevent a developing scar from forming, Dermefface FX7 has the ingredients to do the job. Hope you found this information on how to get rid of acne scars helpful. If you did please share it 🙂